The design is a further development of the two vessels Atlantis Dweller and Stril Explorer, which Møkster got delivered in 2010/2011. It will be Simek’s new building 127.
The vessel is specially designed for ROV work, survey, diving and light construction work. In addition, the vessel will be able to provide services to windmill construction works.
The “MM 85 MSV” design has the following main parameters:
- Length over all: 85.45 m
- Breadth: 18.00 m
- Accommodation: 90 persons, SPS code
- Efficient logistics and facilities for management of subsea operations
- DPII with diesel electric propulsion
- 60 t active heave compensated crane (2000 m), 10 t whip line (2000 m) og 10 t auxiliary crane 100 m.
- Large WROV/diving hangar
- Two decks (Shelter and main deck) – 1175 m2 area
- Shallow draft for “near” land operations
- Focus on working environment for crew as engines are placed aft on ship to reduce noise
- Good station keeping with two azimuths and one tunnel thruster in the bow section
- The vessel is schedueled to be delivered in May 2014.